Friday, June 27, 2014

BR 1-14 Mr. Putter and Tabby Bake the cake (Arthur Howard, 1994)


"But Mr. Putter did not give up. And by nine o'clock in the morning, he had made the most beautiful Christmas cake in the whole world. It was light and airy."
This is the wintertime's story. Mr. Putter loves to give Christmas presents. He had to think of what he could give to his neighbor Mrs. Teaberry. This was hard because she likes strange things. I laugh the scene that she liked coconuts made into monkey heads, salt shakers that walked across the table and little dresses for her teapots.
He didn't know how to bake a cake. He had no pans and  cookbook, so he spent hard time till Christmas day. He bought seven bowls, three sifters, ten spoons, five cups and a Christmas tree pan. He spent a lot of money. Then he tried to bake a cake. However, his first cake fell flat. His second cake wouldn't leave the pan, and his third cake caught on fire. Christmas morning had come. He failed to bake a beautiful cake, but he didn't give up. In the morning, he made the most beautiful Christmas cake.
I moved the scene that Mr. Putter didn't give up and made beautiful cake. I like it. I want to be person like him. In addition, I like strange things too, so I thought I resemble Mrs. Teaberry. I laughed this scene. This book was very moved.



Reference
Arthur, Howard. (1994). Mr. Putter and Tabby Bake the cake, Florida, United States: Ready-to-Read
[249 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment